- · Have you ever experienced an earthquake or a natural disaster?
- · When was the last earthquake that you remember?
- · Has your house been damaged by an earthquake or any other natural disaster?
- · What happens during an earthquake?
- · What areas of the world have many earthquakes?*
- · Is it possible to know in advance that an earthquake is coming? **
- · Where is the best place to go during an earthquake? ***
- · Is an earthquake always followed by a tsunami? ****
- · What causes aftershocks? *****
*** Indoors: Drop, cover, and hold on. Drop to the floor, take cover under a sturdy desk or table, and hold on to it firmly. Be prepared to move with it until the shaking stops. If you are not near a desk or table, drop to the floor against the interior wall and protect your head and neck with your arms. Avoid exterior walls, windows, hanging objects, mirrors, tall furniture, large appliances, and kitchen cabinets with heavy objects or glass. Do not go outside!