- How do you feel after a long vacation?
- Did you encounter any problems during your last vacation?
- How did you resolve them?
- Did you have any bad experiences?
- Did you meet any interesting people? Talk about them.
- Did you notice any cultural differences during your vacation?
- How much luggage did you take?
- What were the women like?
- What were the men like?
- Were people friendly?
- Did you stay in a hotel? Or do you prefer camping?
- What historical sites did you visit and what did you learn?
- What souvenirs did you buy?
- What was the best food you ate during your vacation?
- What did you do there?
- What did you see in each place?
- What kind of food did you eat?
- What was the weather/food/scenery like?
- Have you ever run out of money when you were on holidays? What did you do to deal with the situation?
- Have you ever been mugged while on vacation?
- What kind of trip do you enjoy the most?
- Visiting museums?
- Going to concerts and rock shows?
- Extreme sports?
- With family?
- With friends?
- Dangerous trips, like safaris, diving with sharks, mountain climbing, for example?
- Alternative trips? (Deserts, Countries in the middle of a war or political crisis, totally different cultures, Indian tribes, etc)
Thursday, August 25, 2016
I. Work in small groups and discuss the questions.
II. Watch the movie segment and talk to a partner:
1. Describe the scene.
2. What kind of vacation trip is it?
3. Do you like this kind of trip? Why (not)?
4. Was this trip a good choice? Why (not)?
5. What was the most extreme experience you have ever experienced during a vacation trip?
6. What was the best place you have ever been to on vacation? Explain why.
7. What was the worst place you have ever been on vacation? Explain why.