This movie is a must. It is gripping from the first to the last scene. It is a must-see.
I. Read the quotes below about pushing yourself to your limits and motivation. In pairs decide what they mean and if you agree with them. Justify your answers:
1. “No one said this would be easy, just know that nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment.”
2. ”Turn those dreams into ACTION …action turns into results… sooner or later you will be living the dream.”
3. ”Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit…. KEEP GOING!!”
4. “Hardwork can out-do genetics!!”
5. ”Our fears don’t stop death,… they stop life.”
6. “Kick yourself in the ass, or someone else will.”
7. “The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret.”
8. ”I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy… I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.”
9. “Tears will get you sympathy, sweat will get you results.”
10.“You can have results or excuses. Not both”
11. “You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them.”
12. “Pain is just weakness leaving your body.”
13. “Failure does not mean defeat; to succeed you must fail first.”
II. Think about a situation in which you had to push yourself to your limit. Think about the situations below.
1. At sports
2. At school
3. At work
4. During a special moment in your life
III. Watch the movie segment and discuss the questions.
1. Do you think you would manage to accomplish the objective of that military program? Why (not)?
2. What strategies did they make use of to motivate the soldiers and keep them going?
3. Is that kind of training necessary for their future? Why (not)
4. Are they pushing themselves to their limits? What is the reward in the end? Do you think it is worth doing it?
5. Is it fair to treat people like they did in the segment? Why (not)?
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - LONE SURVIVOR