I. Discuss with a partner:
1) What is your earliest memory? How old were you?
2) Do you remember your first school? What do you remember?
3) How would you think someone's life would be if he/she were separated from society at his/her very early years?
4) Could this person be reintegrated to society? What difficulties would they face?
5) Have you heard of the stories of Mowgli and Romulus & Reno*, who were raised by wolves? What do you know about them?
* In ancient mythology, Romulus and Remus were brothers who were raised by wolves and went on to become the founders of Rome. In Rudyard Kipling’s The Jungle Book, Mowgli is a boy who lives in the wild and behaves like one of the animals. He is stronger and lives by a higher moral code than most human children.
II. Read the definition of Feral Children below and then discuss the questions:
Scientific Interest in Feral Children:
IV. Watch the segment and discuss the questions that follow: