Saturday, June 20, 2015
Ivan the Incredible: Marketing & Ethics
This animated movie is amazing and the message it carries is really constructive. I recommend it.
Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers for the purpose of selling the product or service. It is a critical business function for attracting customers
I. Watch the movie segment below and answer the questions.
1. What is Ivan selling? What about his competitor?
2. What are their strategies to compete against each other?
3. Are they real competitors?
4. What kind of customers are they looking for?
5. How successful are they? Justify it?
6. What should Ivan do to make his product more attractive to the public?
II. Read the items below. They all have to do with marketing ethics and strategies .They are some ethical procedures professionals must follow when marketing a product. Decide if these rules are followed by the characters in the segment you have seen.
( ) Avoidance of misleading or false advertising.
( ) Avoidance of sales promotions that use deception or manipulation.
( ) Not using coercion.
( ) Not practicing predatory pricing.
( ) Describing the product accurately in order to prevent misleading purchasing.
( ) Using your own ideas to promote a product.