I. Describe the scene.
2. What's your opinion about the American government of establishing "the purge"? What are the possible consequences to the society we live in if it became true.
3. How can the purge reduce or escalate crime rates?
4. In your opinion, what is the cause of urban violence? How should governments address this issue, if it is the case?
5. How violent is the place you live in? How do you compare urban violence in your city now and 15 years ago?
6. Do American movies show an accurate portrait of urban violence in the USA or is it an exaggerated picture of reality? Explain it.
7. Do you agree that we should get rid of the poor/homeless/criminals by creating something like the purge? Why (not)?
8. Do you think that the purge is a modern view of the Nazi's behavior during the Holocaust? What are the similarities and the differences between both ideas.
10. Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the reduction of crime rates where you live? Why?