I. Talk to a partner:
1 - Are you married? Tell your partner about your wedding / the last wedding you have been to.
2 - What's your opinion about getting married?
3 - What's your dream wedding? Describe it?
4 - Have you ever been to / heard of an unusual wedding? Talk about it.
5. Is marriage important to you? Justify it.
II. Match the vocabulary with its definition:
1. The name for the man on his wedding day.
2. An agreement made between the couple to get married.
3. A woman on her wedding day.
4. A way to legally end a marriage.
5. To ask someone to marry you.
6. The holiday after the wedding.
7. A couple who have just got married.
8. It is exchanged by the couple during the wedding.
9. The promises that the bride and groom make to each other during the ceremony.
10. An arrangement of flowers.
11. the girls who traditionally accompany the bride in the church.
12. The groom's friend who accompanies him in the ceremony.
13. A list of presents that guests can choose to buy the couple.
14. A garment that covers the head and face
( ) Best man
( ) Engagement
( ) Groom
( ) Honeymoon
( ) Bouquet
( ) Bridesmaids
( ) Bride
( ) Newly-weds
( ) Propose
( ) Divorce
( ) Wedding ring
( ) Wedding vows
( ) Wedding list
( ) Veil
III. Here are the steps of a traditional white wedding in America. Watch the segment of the film Bride Wars and check the items that took place in the ceremony.
( ) The bride is dressed in a long white wedding dress with a train.
( ) Her face is covered in a veil, and she carries a bouquet of flowers.
( ) She is accompanied by a couple of bridesmaids in matching dresses.
( ) The bride's father walks her down the aisle until they reach the priest at the altar.
( ) When they reach the altar, the bride stands with the groom.
( ) The couple exchange rings and are proclaimed "man and wife".
( ) The groom kisses his wife.
IV. Form groups of three students and talk about the following questions about the segment:
1. Is this wedding similar to traditional wedding ceremonies in your country? Explain.
2. Describe what happened in the segment.
3. What went wrong?
4. What do you think will happen after that?
5. Have you ever been to/ heard of a wedding that went wrong? Talk about it.